Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Please Support Marriage Equality! - letter from Tanya Plibersek

Below is letter from our Local Federal member n equality Marriage Rights, please answer her survey
Dear Mike,



Thank you for writing to me in response to the recent motion regarding same sex marriage presented to the Australian Parliament.

I was unable to be present for the debate as I was formally granted leave for that Parliamentary sitting week following the recent birth of my third child. For your information I have attached my speech given during the previous parliamentary debate around the Marriage Act. I am glad to note that on Thursday 18 November the Labor Government resolved that Members should consult their constituencies to gauge community attitudes toward same sex marriage.


Over the coming weeks I will be seeking input from residents in the Sydney electorate on this issue. I am proud of Sydney’s diversity and its strong ties with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. People in our local community are passionate about social justice issues and I look forward to hearing their views in the weeks ahead.

As part of this consultation I will be compiling the views of all of the constituents who contact me about same sex marriage. So that I may include your feedback, please follow this link to fill out my online consultation form.


Please encourage your family, friends and neighbours to participate in this consultation by 5.00pm on January 21, 2011. After the consultation closes I will present the results to you and to the Federal Parliament.

I can be contacted by email at Tanya.Plibersek.MP@aph.gov.au or by mail at 150 Broadway, Broadway NSW 2007. Alternatively, you can send the link to the online consultation in an email – just copy and paste: www.surveymonkey.com/s/XGTS3NH


Thanks again for taking the time to write to me. I can assure you that I will keep your views in mind in any dealings I have with my colleagues around this important issue.



Best wishes,



Tanya


The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP

Federal Member for Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment